When Is the Right Time to Reroof Your Home?
Before we dive into the details, let’s discuss the why and when of re-roofing your home. Generally, you will need to reroof your house after a certain period of time, and this largely depends on the material that you use:
- If you have a metal roof, you should reroof every 40-60 years
- If you have a rubber roof, you should reroof every 30-50 years
- If you have wood shingles, you should reroof every 15-25 years
- If you have composition shingles, you should reroof every 10-20 years
- If you have asphalt shingles, you should reroof every 15-30 years
That said, these time frames only serve as a general rule of thumb. It might also be time for you to reroof your house if:
- You live in an area that deals with severe weather, including harsh winters, excessive heat, or high humidity.
- Your home has experienced severe wind or a storm, which could lead to roof damage.
- You notice beams of light or streaks of water coming through your attic, both of which can indicate there’s a leak.
- You notice cracks, damage, or buckling on your current roof.
- There are cracks or leaks around points of entry, including skylights, chimneys, or vents.
- You see moss, mold, or fungi on your roof.
- You want to improve the aesthetic appeal and resale value of your home.
And, of course, you should regularly get your roof inspected to make sure there isn’t an issue that you haven’t noticed.
How many years do roofs last?
The longevity of your roof will depend on many factors, including the weather and the material you choose. That said, metal roofs can generally last for over 50 years, while Colorbond can last over 75 years.
Does the roofer need to come inside your home?
Typically, the roofer will only enter your home during the inspection to check for leaks and other signs that your roof needs repair. After that, they will remain on the exterior of your house. The right roofer will also use tarps and other barriers to protect your home from any wear and tear.
What areas do you serve?
We cover many locations in the Brisbane area, including:
Is this type of project worth the money?
In short: yes! There are many benefits, including:
- Improved insulation: A metal roof, in particular, can help reflect heat off your home. This can decrease your temperature and save money on cooling.
- Increased home durability: With professional service, you make your house more durable and able to withstand many elements, including rain, snow, and flood.
- Warranty: Most roofs come with a decades-long manufacturer’s warranty, so you can have confidence in your solution.
- Cost: This is more cost-effective than complete replacement, and it can save you money down the road.
If you’re looking for experts in Brisbane, give us a call on 0432 660 047 or email us with your enquiry by filling in the form here and we will get back to you as soon as possible.