In the market for a new roof or repair? Don’t settle for any less than the best that Brisbane has to offer.
Home renovations are never easy – or cheap. When you do invest in something new, you want to make sure that it’s built to last for years to come (otherwise, you just waste your time and money). When it comes to your home, one of the best investments you can make is a metal roof. They can look amazing and are designed to last for decades.
But how do you ensure that you’ve picked the best supplier and that they’ll install the roof correctly?
While every company has its unique points and offerings, there are some standard things you should definitely look into to choose the best metal roofing supplier in Brisbane. Let’s take a closer look at this together.
Is it worth hiring a professional metal roof provider?
In a word: yes. Firstly, you need a licensed contractor in order to install a new roof in accordance with local laws and regulations (otherwise, you face heavy fines and penalties). What’s more, improper installation can lead to severe property damage and void product warranties. Not worth the few dollars you’ll save by going DIY.
A better question here could be whether it’s worth hiring the cheapest, quickest, or most readily available roofer or if you should do your homework to find the best metal roofing supplier around. And the answer here is that finding the best can have major benefits.
What should I look for when hiring a metal roof provider?
When choosing a metal roof provider, there are many considerations that you must keep top of mind. Here are our top factors for finding the best there are in the business.
Types of metal roofs
Not all metal roofs were created equal, and certain types and styles of roof will be more suitable to your home. If you’re looking for energy efficiency, for example, you’ll want a light neutral or gray coloured roof that will reflect heat, rather than absorb it.
Similarly, if you want a roof that will last, you will want to pick a high-quality metal like aluminum zinc or steel. Even among these options, there are differences in price point, weight, and durability. Aluminum zinc, for example, is lightweight and middle-of-the-road when it comes to pricing while steel is known for its ability to withstand the elements.
It’s important to familiarize yourself with your options and your needs. Then, touch base with your provider about what colour, design, and material options they offer (and if those options will truly suit your preferences).
We offer many colours, designs, and sheeting options so you can always find the most suitable metal roofing for you and your family.
You can learn more about your options– and get a fast, free quote – here.
Years of experience
There are many installation details that will greatly impact your roof’s longevity and long-term performance. A seasoned installation expert will understand these nuances and be able to create a roof for you that lasts 50+ years.
A supplier with experience will also be able to answer your questions about references and their history in more detail than an up-and-coming company that has yet to establish itself in your community.
Particularly in Queensland, the elements are harsh, which means that you have to choose a provider that offers high quality metals and coatings if you want your roof to last. For ease of installation, you can also ask about any pre-formed sheets and accessories that may make installation easier and longer lasting.
When it comes to a purchase as big – and important – as a roof, you want to be sure that your provider offers a robust warranty. Here, it’s important to keep in mind both product and service warranties. You can also ask about manufacturer’s product warranties, which often last for 20 years or longer. Look for a supplier that also stands by their work with a workmanship warranty or guarantee for more reliable results for the long term.
If you work with a company that’s not local, you may have to deal with high shipping and transportation costs, and these can really add up for heavy metal sheets. In addition, significant shipping needs can have a negative environmental impact. Getting clear information about your provider’s location can prevent these concerns.
What questions should I ask a metal roofing supplier?
Before you move forward with the installation of a metal roof, you should ask your potential provider all of the following questions. This will help you sort through the good and the great options for your needs.
- Are you licensed and insured? If they hesitate or cannot produce a license, you should definitely run the other way.
- How long has your company been in business? If they are just starting out or new to your area, they may not have the experience or manufacturer relationships needed to get the job done correctly.
- How will you protect the outside of my home? You want to make sure that your lawn, paint, gutters, and other home features are safe from harm. The right provider will have a plan in place to prevent collateral damage.
- What is the expected project timeline? Any home renovation can be a lengthy process. The right provider will be able to give you a clear estimated timeline of completion.
- What happens if there’s a problem down the line? This will give you a good idea of the provider’s warranty options and dedication to follow through.
- What are payment options? The last thing you want to deal with is miscommunication about payment. Make sure you ask up-front about estimates, financing options, and payment terms.
- How will you install my new roof? This may seem like it’s a little over your head (most purchasers are not experts, after all), but there are certain red flags to look out for. For example, a seasoned roofer will never install a metal roof over existing roof like shingles. If the provider you’re talking to suggests doing this for a roof repair or complete roof replacement, it’s a clear sign that they don’t know what they’re doing and that your home isn’t safe in their hands.
- Can you provide me with an example of your previous work? A reputable expert will have no problem showing you completed projects or putting you in contact with happy customers they have served.
- What warranties do you offer? As we mentioned, any metal roof installation should come with both a service and a product warranty. Get this information in writing so you have it on hand should the need ever arise.
Look to us for all your metal roof needs
Installing a new metal roof can be a wonderful investment for your home, making it more durable, reducing your electric bills, and keeping you and your loved ones safe. That said, you have to do the legwork and pick the right supplier if you want to avoid common pitfalls and concerns down the line. So make sure that you do your homework, understand what an installation project should look like (and cost), and ask all the important questions about things like experience, warranties, and material quality.
For the best metal roofing supplier in Brisbane, look no further than our team. We offer an industry best 7-year warranty on our work, so you can feel confident with – and under – your new roof. Using the best Australian made products available at affordable prices, we have helped homeowners across Brisbane and the surrounds upgrade their homes for form and function.
From a brand new roof to a restoration or repair, we are involved in the project from start to finish. With the highest standards, complete pricing transparency, and professional project and installation teams, you’ll have the best roof possible.
If you have more specific questions about your metal roof installation, we’d be happy to help! Just reach out to us here or call us on 0432 660 047.